No one likes lists more than hardcore comic book fans, and there are plenty out there. While lists themselves are never definitive statements on any subject, they are a great way to discover things and also create some debate. Here is a collection of the better comic book lists out there:
- Greg Burgas of Comic Book Resources thoroughly examines the 100 greatest comic book runs of all time, delving very deep into the subject.
- Wizard Magazine created a list of the 100 greatest single comic book issues of the last 30 years.
- Forbidden Planet creates a fairly complete list of the 50 best graphic novels of all-time.
- IGN creates a list of the top 100 comic book heroes and top 100 comic book villains of all-time. While I agree that Superman deserves the top hero spot, I don’t agree in having Magneto as the greatest villain.
- Comic Book Resources tackles the greatest comic book covers of all-time, creating a DC list and a Marvel list.
- Mark Hughes creates a list of the top 20 greatest comic book films of all time. Interesting how the vast majority of the list are movies have come out in only the last 10 years. The list is severly flawed though because it does not include Unbreakable.
- Mitch O’Connell creates an amusing list of the top 100 strangest, suggestive, and steamy vintage comic book panels of all-time.